A little while back, I did an interview for my old university Leeds Conservatoire (formerly Leeds College of Music. It was great to touch base with them again and chat about all the bits I’ve been up to for the last 18 years since I graduated! Leeds is a fantastic city, and I loved my student days there. Playing regularly at venues like The Wardrobe, The Hifi Club, and the College Bar was an invaluable early gigging experience. Taking solo after solo in front of your fellow students and lecturers isn’t the easiest of gigs so it certainly set me up for the real world!
About the Interview
I studied the BMus in Jazz and Contemporary Music and took weekly lessons with bass supremo Zoltan Deckany. Some of the questions covered in the interview include:
- When I decided to become a musician
- My experience of playing in the West End
- About my work with theatre starts Lea Salonga, Kerry Ellis and Michael Ball
- The highlights of my time working with Gabrielle
- How studying at Leeds prepared me for life as a professional bassist
Read The Interview Here
If you have any questions please drop them in the comments and ill get back to you asap.